Lydia has been completely enthralled with the windows in our apartment. I am excited for her to live above ground for the first time in her life and she certainly seems to be too. One of her favorite things right now is looking out the window for Papa to come home from work on his bike. Almost every day, Lydia and I have the following conversation:
L: "ike?"
M: "Yes, Papa is riding his bike."
L: "ork?"
M: "He is coming home from work."
L: "up?"
M: "He has to pick his bike up to carry it up the stairs, doesn't he?"
L: "hat?"
M: "He wears his hat, doesn't he? It's called a helmet. It keeps him safe."
L: "yes"
Ok, so actually that happens twice a day as he is leaving for work and then again when he is coming home from work.
I totally failed and managed not to take any pictures of our moving truck, so, instead, we have pictures of the things Lydia and I have done to explore our new neighborhood.
We found the library, which has an awesome children's section. I think Lydia will like coming to play at the library since it has toys and little educational video games hooked up on the wall. The book selection isn't massive, but the library makes up for it in having it be a very kid-friendly zone.
With the weather being above 100, we looked for indoor activities and found the little indoor playground at the Sunrise Mall that is close to our house. Right after I took this picture, Lydia managed to slide face-first off the other side of the bunny and scraped her nose on the rubber flooring. She sported an awesome red nose for the next two days.
Of course, we scoped out the closest parks. Lydia's favorite is still the swings!
I should also report that we found our new ward and it seems great! They are very welcoming and seem excited to have us move in. We even made it to a playgroup this week. It's fun to think about all the adventures that await us in our new home!






No comments:
Post a Comment