Friday, August 20, 2010

The Honeymoon


Ok, ok. I know it's all out of order, but I have the time for this now, so I'm taking advantage of it! I promise there will be more wedding pictures coming, but we just don't have them from photographers at this point.

Collin and I went to a town called Twain Harte in California for our honeymoon. It's a small cabin town just a few miles NorthWest of Sonora. It was close to lots of fun things to do as day trips!













This was the cabin we stayed in. Super tiny one room cabin called the Bungalow.


We took a day trip to Mercer Caverns. There were some beautiful formations and there were no bats so we could take all the pictures we wanted!
























We also stopped in Columbia, a gold rush town kept alive in all it's old time glory. We stopped for some sarsaparilla and candy from the Kandy Kitchen. We even bought some awesome rocks!!













Our other major outing was a hike around Pinecrest Lake. Man, it was beautiful! It was hot, but the trees around the lake edge kept us in the shade, which was perfect. After our hike around the lake, we stopped to put our feet in and were grateful we decided not to go swimming -- the water was FREEZING!!!










































To finish off our honeymoon, we went to see the musical Wicked in San Francisco. That show blew our minds! People are so talented and I now want to watch The Wizard of Oz with this perspective. I recommend this show to anyone and everyone!!

1 comment:

Janey said...

I am glad u guys had fun!