Monday, October 20, 2014

Welcome Thomas!

I hoped I would go into labor on my own this time, but apparently my kids need some encouragement to join the world. I had a scheduled induction on Oct 20, 2014. Cari and her kids came out Sunday afternoon and Mom arrived Sunday night to help us out with the whole process. Mom held down the fort with the three kids while Cari came with Collin and myself to the hospital to welcome our little boy. Cari acted as an essential oils doula and photographer for the main event. We headed in to the hospital just before 7am to get things going.

Getting the door unlocked.

Checking in!

No progress with just having my water broken, so we started pitocin around noon. I wanted to see how I'd do without an epidural. I had practiced some mantras to help me through the pain. They did not have quite the effect I was hoping. I was still in a lot of pain...  

Then I got an epidural and everything was much more enjoyable. :-)

Just before the birth, Collin told the doctor and nurses that he really hoped our little boy would have a lot of dark hair. Collin got his wish!
Thomas Lyle Dilworth was born at 5:11 pm. He weighed 8 lbs 2 oz and was 19 inches long and he had a full head of dark brown hair.






Mom brought all the kids down to the hospital to meet Thomas before the night was over.



Opa drove in late after work to meet his grandson too!


No comments: