Despite being more concerned than most years about how much I'd be able to enjoy this birthday, I was blown away by the love of my family and friends! Now, I know it seems like a silly thing, but when I first found out Collin's China trip was going to take him away from me for my birthday, I was mad! Once I accepted that it wasn't going to change, plans started forming to salvage what was left of my day.
My Mom's immediate response was that I wouldn't be alone, because I'd be in CA visiting her, Dad, Mike, Cari, Des, Roxi, and Kairo. That much was certainly in effect today. Everyone did little things to make my day wonderful!
When I woke up, I got to video chat with Collin who was just turning in for the night. It was a fantastic start to my day to get to see his face, even if the call got dropped a couple times during our conversation. It is always wonderful to see and talk to him. It makes it feel like he is not so far away and not doing crazy sightseeing in China!
After breakfast (which Cari made to order), Mom and Cari watched Lydia so I could take a shower and do my hair and makeup. I even got to take my time doing it all. I don't think I could have imagined before having kids how much of a luxury that is seen as!
Next, I got to nap when Lydia went down for an early nap of her own! Then, we all got in the car and met Dad for lunch at KFC/A&W. It was fun to have everyone who was in town be there with me!
That afternoon, Cari watched Lydia so Mom and I could go clothes shopping. I even got to try clothes on! It was a lot of fun!
Later on, we ate red velvet cake with burnt butter frosting that Cari made. It was delicious!

Long story short, my birthday was great even though I was a little worried. :) I have the best family ever!
My Mom's immediate response was that I wouldn't be alone, because I'd be in CA visiting her, Dad, Mike, Cari, Des, Roxi, and Kairo. That much was certainly in effect today. Everyone did little things to make my day wonderful!
When I woke up, I got to video chat with Collin who was just turning in for the night. It was a fantastic start to my day to get to see his face, even if the call got dropped a couple times during our conversation. It is always wonderful to see and talk to him. It makes it feel like he is not so far away and not doing crazy sightseeing in China!
After breakfast (which Cari made to order), Mom and Cari watched Lydia so I could take a shower and do my hair and makeup. I even got to take my time doing it all. I don't think I could have imagined before having kids how much of a luxury that is seen as!
Next, I got to nap when Lydia went down for an early nap of her own! Then, we all got in the car and met Dad for lunch at KFC/A&W. It was fun to have everyone who was in town be there with me!
That afternoon, Cari watched Lydia so Mom and I could go clothes shopping. I even got to try clothes on! It was a lot of fun!
Later on, we ate red velvet cake with burnt butter frosting that Cari made. It was delicious!

Long story short, my birthday was great even though I was a little worried. :) I have the best family ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment