First off, I graduated from BYU! The last thing I had to do before I could graduate was to Student Teach. I spent 7 weeks at Wasatch High School in Heber, Utah teaching Drafting followed by 7 weeks at Diamond Fork Jr High in Spanish Fork, Utah teaching CTE Intro. The Wasatch Wasps felt like they took me right home to my good ol' Alameda Hornets! I loved my time at Wasatch and learned a ton from my mentor teacher. The middle school kids gave me a much bigger run for my money than the high schoolers did. Man, kids these days can be so SASSY! After all of that and endless exit interviews and other hoops to jump through, I officially graduated!!

Now, I did the whole graduation thing backwards because BYU does not have a graduation ceremony in December. So I walked and got my "diploma" in August. My lovely friend Janey took some fun graduation portraits for me. Lisa and Grandma surprised me and flew out to celebrate with me. Collin's family drove down from Montana and joined the party too. It amazing me how loving my family is that they would sacrifice so much to support me. I love them all so much (even the ones too far away to come)!
Christmas came after student teaching was up, so it was off to Montana to visit Collin's family! It was a surprisingly mild winter for what I expected out of Montana. We barely even had snow!! It was a blast to play basketball, make gingerbread houses, watch loads of Psych, and spend time as a family...and oh the food!!!
The hard thing about Christmas break was I was waiting to hear back about a job interview I had before I left. Student teaching taught me that I am not quite ready for a classroom of my own, so I started looking into other job opportunities. I landed on Ancestry.com. I found a job opening (thanks to Janey) that fits my skill-set and my interests. This particular job at Ancestry is to write coding to get the images ready to post online. There is a lot of tight deadlines and inventive problem-solving. After much waiting and anticipating and thanks to some interview tips from Mom and Dad, I found out I got the job! I started working at Ancestry at the beginning of January and, so far, still love it! Ancestry provides such an awesome resource; I love that I get to be a part of delivering that product to the world!
Whew! If you made it through all that, props to you!! It's been a busy few months, but I feel like Collin and I are falling into a good routine now. It feels nice to know we have a full time paycheck coming in as Collin keeps working on his Civil Engineering degree. We are so very blessed!!

2 comments:
Love this. You guys are awesome.
So good to get the update!
Post a Comment