Sunday, January 23, 2011

Peter Pan and visitors

This week, Collin and I got to put some of the perks of my new job to use! I work in the Scene Shop of the Fine Arts Center at BYU and because of that job, I get free tickets to dress rehearsals of the plays that BYU puts on. This week Peter Pan opened and we got to go!

The show was pretty great and it was really fun to see all the bits and pieces of the set come together. I helped make one of the Tinkerbell effects by soldering together the random light generator kit. It was a really fun start to my job.

The actor who played Captain Hook was my favorite! He did a really good job and was a funny villain.














We had an few unexpected visitors the other day. These deer were bedded down in our backyard. I went outside to take out the trash and saw them there. I was able to run inside to grab a camera and back out before they had even moved. Maybe it just proves how much of a city girl I am, but finding deer in my backyard was a fun surprise!

2 comments:

Janey said...

i am so jealous.. i wanted to see Peter Pan.. oh well ill have to rent the disney version and pretend like I went.

Unknown said...

you finally updated! thaaaaank you